OK, so this is a little late, but I'm a procrastinator by nature, and I never make resolutions that go against my nature. For example, being short is against my nature, so I would never resolve to stop wearing heels. I actually wasn't going to do a New Year's resolutions post; I was going to let the date float by unnoticed, but I started to feel left out because all the blogs I read are doing New Year's resolution posts, just like how in January of every year, all the magazines waste paper on giant horoscope articles, (which I can't stand by the way. Don't give me that voodoo about being lucky in love or money this year because the gravitational pull of Venus is giving me a bad hair day. I'll make my own luck, thank you). Without further ranting and ado, here are my resolutions:
- Instead of yelling at the Boyfriend for things that aren't his fault, go to yoga to cure grumpiness.
- Stop biting nails. For real this time. This has proven to be much harder than giving up smoking was all those years ago.
- Stop obsessing over to do lists so much that I add things I've already done to my lists just so I can have the satisfaction of crossing them out. It's kind of weird. People are going to think I'm weird.
- Try to get into the whole vintage / thrift store shopping thing, (mostly in an effort to save money because my wedding dress, although beautiful, will not be cheap). Other people can do it so well; surely I can learn to get over the stinkiness and rummage with the best of them.
- Curl up in my comfy chair and read books more often.
- Make a renewed effort not to look like a suit every day at work. That means more dresses, big necklaces and shoes that are hard to walk in.
- Pet strange dogs, as long as they don't look bitey.
- Stop trying to change things about myself that are fundamental to my essence as a human. I'd be a withered, directionless soul without my precious procrastination.
- Forget about #3. Who cares if anyone thinks I'm weird? I love crossing things off lists.
Happy New Year everyone! I know that life can be frequently lame, but I hope this year, the awesome outweighs the lame by, like, a ton. 2010 = a ton of awesome.